5 questions you SHOULD ask your designer before a project begins
by Carrie Swift
Posted on October 5, 2018
Before starting any branding or design project there are key questions that should be asked of the designer.
1. How much experience do you have?
Although, it's not always necessary, industry experience can be valuable.
2. Can you show me some of your recent work?
A well rounded designer will be more than happy to share their portfolio, if they haven't got a substantial portfolio of work, you may wish to use another designer.
3. Do you have past clients I can speak with or email?
This is a brilliant way to find out what it’s like to work with a designer. Most designers have good relationships with past clients, so sharing an email is perfectly acceptable (as long as they ask permission).
4. Will you supply the open artwork files once job is complete?
This is important if you require full ownership of the original designs.
5. Can I contact you for future updates to my design?
Back to Blog
Do check to see if the designer would be willing to work with you in the future. To be honest most designers would be happy to say yes.